Friday, December 3, 2010

A strange exception.


When I watch movies or TV series or read books, I do so in fits and starts. Often I may start watching a movie one night, and not finish it until half a week later - particularly if it's one I've already seen - but V for Vendetta is immune to this phenomenon.

I've never read the book - something I'd like to remedy, but feel no pressing need to address - and saw the movie when it first came out. At the time, I was playing WoW and the forums were often alight with the keen observation that, given his predilection for dual-wielding daggers, V was obviously a rogue.

A few years later, I was winding down for the evening - time for bed - and V for Vendetta came on the tube, commercial interruptions liberally sprinkled throughout. I ended up staying up way, way too late, unable to stop watching it.

This strange event repeated itself a few times, until I had no recourse but to admit I really, really enjoyed the movie and purchased it on Blu-ray.

Last week, it was time for bed. Really, I was late to get to rest, but I decided to watch the first fifteen minutes of V anyway - just to see how it looked in HD.

That was a mistake.

If you haven't yet seen V for Vendetta, I petition you to check it out.

4 comments:

  1. Gotta show me that next time I'm over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you got it for ten bucks off amazon too? hi5

    ReplyDelete
  3. To be honest I don't recall what I paid for it. It was either $7.50, $10 or $14. It's a rare blu-ray that I buy full price.

    Tremors, for example. Paid $24. But I love Tremors.

    ReplyDelete