Tuesday, July 2, 2013

A little back-pat for me.


Prior to this year, the most posts I've ever produced in a single month was just shy of two hundred - 199 in June of 2010 (another E3 month).  This year, June was a uniquely huge month for gaming, with the next-gen details and reveals at E3, Sony's massive indie push, the explosive fallout from Microsoft's blunders and an insane amount of trailers, previews and game announcements.

I didn't try to push my number of posts - if I had, I would've tossed in another 17 posts about being sleepy (I am sleepy) or movies (Attack the Block is pretty fun, Man of Steel was okay, and I'm really looking forward to Despicable Me 2) - but still, 283 posts in a single month is a personal best, and one I'm not sure I'll ever be able to exceed.

The downside, of course, is that mayyybe 15% of those posts actually consisted of larger reflections from yours truly, with most being a video and a blurb, and some consisting of just a video.

Still, I managed to get reviews out for Remember Me (okay), Hotline Miami (slackjaw) and The Last of Us (holy-shit good) and several severely-pro-Sony editorials, so yeah - not bad, Chance.  Not bad at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment