Monday, February 3, 2014

Sony Wireless Headset support coming to PS4... tonight!


A good day for it too, as first-person horror-fest Outlast will likely be all the creepier in 7.1 surround sound.

Last week the rumor was we'd have to wait for the Japanese launch (which really didn't make sense, at the time) - but good news, everyone!  PS4 update 1.60 goes live "late tonight", if Sony are to be believed, and it will let you plug in your sweet, sweet 7.1 surround sound PULSE Wireless Stereo Headset and the original Wireless Stereo Headset, which I am quite the fan of.

They've also announced a new, PS4-specific headset with an MSRP of $99.99, that - along with the PULSE - Elite Edition headset - will be compatible with a PS4 app that will allow you to custom-tune the headset's levels.  First up will be Sucker Punch for inFamous: Second Son, with a downloadable preset for your headset designed to enhance Second Son's audio.


Not... uncool.  I guess?

Still - 7.1 Wireless Stereo Headset support!  Very pleased.  After the PS4 launched I went out and bought a $30 pair of headphones to plug in to the controller so I could play while Kayla slept - really glad I didn't crack and buy one of those $150 Turtle Beach 7.1 sets that, though a bunch of wired wizardry, would give me the same effect as a pair I already own.

It was weird to have to have faith in Sony - they said they'd be patching this support in, eventually - and perhaps weirder still that it paid off.

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic blog you got here,I enjoyed reading some of your posts

    ReplyDelete