Tuesday, February 25, 2014

What to play, what to play...


The Genroku Legends: A Cause to Daikon For DLC for Muramasa Rebirth - the full game which, by the way, just saw a price drop to $24.99 and is totally frickin' awesome - is downloading as we speak, and a no-brainer.  That's what will entertain me through my lunch break tomorrow.

Beyond my Vita, though, I'm suffering a quandry.  I'm enjoying Lightning Returns.  Like actually enjoying it - which a Final Fantasy has never accomplished before.  I don't really want to put it down to check out Thief and Castlevania, as I fear that - should I hit pause on my progress, there - I'll become swept away in the next few games and forget to care to come back to it, and continue to be The Gamer Who Never Finished a Final Fantasy.

Right now it's Thief and Castlevania, next week it's South Park: The Stick of Truth, one week after that it's Dark Souls, one week later it's Metal Gear Solid V : Ground Zeroes, and then we're in to inFamous: Second Son territory.

It's a reasonable worry.  That said... Thief is one of my all-time favorite franchises, and it runs on my hot new PS4.

Seriously, how am I to resist?  I'm not, that's how.

But I swear, Lightning Returns, I swear I will come back to you.  Some day.

3 comments:

  1. Gotta say, I don't hate Thief. But I've never played any of the other games and I can see the cracks already. Also I have a nasty habit of just dropping stealth games and leaving them for dead (splinter cell BL, hitman Abs).

    But for the 4 hours I put into it; I can say it's pretty, it's fun, the acting ain't half bad, and I've spent more money on worse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't that what you said about Ni No Kuni?

    ReplyDelete