Monday, April 14, 2014

Woo! Over My Dead Body 2 is getting localized!

Wooo!  And yuss!



First announced in 2012, Over My Dead Body 2 is a sequel to the Japan-only 1999 RPG Ore no Shikabane wo Koete Yuke - and because English-speakers never saw the original, there's no sense in SCEA putting a 2 at the end of anything - so they're calling it...


When I first saw a trailer for the game last September, I was immediately all up in Gio Corsi's grill, begging him to get it localized.  The game follows a family of demigods, each generation cursed to die within two years of their birth.  The gods took pity on the family, and permitted them to bear children and age at an accelerated rate, so they may - possibly - destroy the demon who cursed them.

The result?  A lot of funerals.



The game looks


gorgeous,


 gorgeous,


gorgeous, has a cool hook and lovely art.  No word on a release window yet, but the Japanese launch is due in July.

Oh, also, Freedom Wars and Soul Sacrifice Delta also got announced for localization today - but I don't care about boss-hunter style games, so meh.  But Over My Dead Body 2, yaaay!


And that's just the start of today's announcements..!

2 comments:

  1. Hey, thanks for the kind words today Chance.

    And I don't know if you picked up The wolf among us yet, but it is up to snuff to say the least.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I finished the first episode, but haven't touched it since - which is bad, 'cause I really liked the first episode >.<

    And you're very welcome :)

    ReplyDelete