Monday, June 9, 2014

The first five minutes of Far Cry 4 - and gameplay!



Fantaaastic.  Ubisoft also had 7 minutes of direct-feed footage up on their YouTube channel that they quickly took down - sorry I couldn't get that up for you - but it looked incredible and got me ultra-hyped for the game.  The player leapt from a golf cart he was driving onto the side of a moving truck, ripped the passenger out of the truck, stabbed the driver in the throat and kicked him out of the vehicle, then a rock slide happened and the truck went off the edge of a cliff and the guy's just like that's cool and opens his wingsuit and flies for like twenty seconds through gorgeous Nepalese mountains!  And then he lands in this gorgeous field with a river running through it and there are elephants drinking at the river!

Remember the tigers in Far Cry 3?  Well fucking elephants!

Game of the Year 2014!

(I'll get that footage up for you as soon as I can.)

[update]  There we go!  Get it while it's hot!



[/update]

3 comments:

  1. Wow, this looks absolutely gorgeous. I want to see more elephant action. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really hopin' the crossbow is just one silent weapon, and they bring the bow back. I loved that bow.

      Delete
    2. Man, I thought the same thing. Nothing beats shooting from a bow and arrow.

      Delete