Sony's conference wasn't as beautifully-paced as Microsoft's - got a little slow towards the end, as usual, when they started talking about streaming services and a TV series they want to put on PSN - whatevs. They still brought all kinds of fantastic games, and I couldn't be more thrilled with some of their announcements.
Let's break it down!
- Starts with a nice new Destiny trailer, it'll launch with an exclusive white PS4 bundle this September.
- Finally we got to see some gameplay from The Order: 1886. It looks incredibly gorgeous and very scripted.
- Similar to the Festival of Blood DLC for inFamous, Second Son is getting a stand-alone DLC this summer called First Light, in which you play as Fetch. Okay!
- A new indie called Entwined is available on the PS4, right now, for ten bucks - cross buy, coming to PS3 and Vita.
- LittleBigPlanet 3 is announced! (PS4) All the user-created levels from LBP and LBP2 will work with it! Coming this November.
- Bloodborne is the "Project Beast" we'd heard about - directed by Hidetaka Miyazaki, who we can thank for Demon's Souls and Dark Souls, it's comin' to PS4.
- They showed the Far Cry 4 gameplay for the first official time. (Psst. It's incredible.) Your friends will be able to join you in co-op on PS4 even if they don't own the game.
- Dead Island 2 is announced, in one of the day's most entertaining trailers. Easily. It'll have a 30-day exclusive beta on PS4.
- Diablo III will get some The Last of Us content that nobody cares about - there will be clicker and bloater enemies. Yayyy.
- They played a new Battlefield: Hardline trailer.
- A remaster of Grim Fandango is coming to PS4 and Vita!
- Devolver Digital had a whole montage of games headed to PS4 and Vita - Broforce, Not a Hero and Hotline Miami 2 are all coming to both platforms. I'm thrilled about all three.
- Also, something called Titan Souls which I can't find a trailer for, but Rock, Paper, Shotgun describes it as "Shadow of the Colossus meets Dark Souls" and sold.
- Oh, and something called The TALOS Principle. It's all in the montage.
- The next thing from Suda 51 is the incredibly-violent-looking Let It Die, coming exclusively to PS4 in 2015.
- The folks who made Journey formed a new studio, and they're making Abzu for PS4.
- No Man's Sky is coming to PS4 and here's a new even-more-awesome trailer!
- Vita TV is coming to NA as PlayStation TV, it'll be $99.
- There's some sort of TV show PlayStation are producing for PSN or whatever.
- They showed the first gameplay from Mortal Kombat X, along with two new characters.
- Sony is "Working with Insomniac to re-imagine the original [Ratchet & Clank] trilogy for PS4." I hope this means more than an up-port - 'cause that would be awesome.
- The Last of Us Remastered got a trailer and a release date - comin' July 29th.
- They showed the MGS5 E3 trailer for the first "official" time (it got leaked too).
- Grand Theft Auto 5 is officially coming to PS4, One and PC this fall.
- We finally got some straight gameplay from Batman: Arkham Knight and it looks fantastic.
- The in-engine trailer for Uncharted 4: A Thief's End is mind-blowingly, unbelievably gorgeous.
Not bad, Sony! You held your own with Microsoft, and they had a helluva show too. I'm beside myself with joy for No Man's Sky.
...I wonder what Sony Bend and Santa Monica are up to?