Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Game Diary.


First Light.  Ummmn yeah.  That's good inFamous.

I had a lot of complaints about Second Son when compared to the first two inFamous titles, most of them focusing on how just getting around the open world as Delsin wasn't nearly as fun as it was as Cole in inFamous and its sequel.  First Light is a blast to get around.  Fetch still has the light-dash thing, and that makes getting up the sides of buildings a thoughtless process, but it hides its collectibles way out in empty space, demanding you make use of her neon-powered high-jumps, her air dashes, her neon thrusters.

In a lot of ways, it's the platformer I wish Second Son had been.  Story is meh so far.

In other news, I'm really enjoying Diablo III so far.  I got my Monk up to level 24, and at that point Kayla expressed enough interest in the game that she went out and bought me a second Dualshock 4 for the sake of co-op (and our upcoming anniversary).  I rolled a Wizard and she went with Barbarian, and that ancient Diablo formula proves seriously addictive.

I want her to get home just so we can keep smashing our way through some demonic hordes together.  And, also, y'know, 'cause I miss her.

4 comments:

  1. I played a good chunk of Second Son and I know what you mean about the locomotion not being quite as fun. Fetch was the most interesting character for me so I'm glad she got her own DLC, "meh" story aside.
    Oh, and congratulations on the upcoming anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the anniversary! From what little I know of either of you from this blog, you both seem like wonderful people.

    And speaking of anniversaries, congrats on over five years of writing this blog. Hard to believe I've been reading it since nearly the beginning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's weird - five years >.< I should do something... but maybe I'll save that for ten :) Thanks for stickin' with me, Felipe!

      Delete