Monday, September 22, 2014

Superquick game diary!

I "beat" Destiny the other day.  I finished all of its "campaign," I should say.  I'm level twenty - I think I have one piece of gear with the "light" stat, which is the only way to push your character up to twenty-one and beyond - but here's the thing... I'm kinda' bored with Destiny.  I went to the loot cave the other day, shot into it for forty-five minutes or so and didn't wind up with a single upgrade.

If that's the fastest way to earn better gear in Destiny, I think I'm... kinda' done with it.

I'd rather replay sections of Diablo III, or play Don't Starve or Velocity 2X.

So I will.  G'night.

3 comments:

  1. I stayed at a friends house a couple weeks ago and he "let" me train up a new character through the tutorial he played a million times in the beta while he took care of his last shift.

    I was bored the entire time. Just... so inexplicably bored. What was happening was interesting, it looks shockingly good on the 360 too. But I couldn't wait to put it down and never touch it again.

    I've also beaten Borderlands 1 and 2 with every single character at LEAST once.

    Is there something wrong with me? Or is there something wrong with...

    Destiny. It's Destiny. Man, Dinkladge did his damnedest though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The problem is that there are super fun parts of Destiny as well as super boring / grindy parts. It's a crazy mix. Soooooooooo it sounds like you just need to avoid the boring and focus on the fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Destiny works very well if the player can wilfully ignore that what they're actually doing is grinding, and focus on the beauty in the act of landing headshots on floods of Hive Thralls. Landing headshots on Hive Thralls is a beautiful thing.

      Delete