Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Quickpost!


Okay, it's December 31st and basically I let the whole GotY thing slide off into nothingness.  I'm working on a single best-games post, but that'll have to wait for another day (there are doings afoot).

I'm up to my eyeballs in Inquisition right now, and am terrified to acknowledge that it really does belong in any Best of 2014 deliberations.  It's so detailed and kneels so thoughtfully in service of the fantasy-epic our inner child so desires - traipsing through a beautiful wooden glade, hearing a crow take flight behind you as it wings away.  The combat, which just gets sharper and sharper as you begin to understand just how quickly and aggressively it wants you to play.

Oh, and Scout Harding.  I love Scout Harding.  She's a dwarf with clever eyes who introduces each new area as your Inquisitor arrives, and with a confident, smokey voice, lets you know just how fucked up things have gotten here and thank goodness you've arrived.  BioWare, if you're listening, I want Scout Harding as a party member in Dragon Age Next.  Specifically, as a romance option.

I want this conversation to be a thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment