Friday, January 23, 2015

Okay, what stands out on this weekend's PSN flash sale..?


Still plucking away on the Hype List - but that's no excuse to let a day go without a post, so let's take a peeksie at the sale on PSN this weekend... it's an all indie, all the time smorgasbord with some fantastic prices.  Top picks?

Guacamelee (PS3/Vita cross-buy) for three bucks?  That's one of the best platformer/brawlers of the past few years for the price of a (cheaper) Starbucks coffee.  Definitely get Guacamelee if you haven't already played (and loved) it.

Resogun is absolutely incredible, it's cross-buy, which means you can get the game for PS4, PS3 and Vita for just three bucks.  Definitely snag that, if you haven't.

Also of note:

Road Not Taken (PS4) is a gorgeously-presented, insanely deep survival/puzzler/Roguelike from indie studio Spry Fox.  I feel like it would do better on my Vita than my PS4, but for four fifty you can afford to be wrong.

Shadow Warrior (PS4) is a rather classic-feeling, arcadey FPS with some nicely crude humor.  I'll admit, I feel a bit fleeced that I paid forty bucks for a disc copy, but I'd encourage you to check it out for six.

Oh, and I'm actually pretty tempted by the PS4 version of Costume Quest 2 for three bucks.  A Double Fine-produced adorable RPG?  That's just good value.

Limbo (PS3/Vita cross-buy) for three bucks.  A great price for a short, excellent, play-it-once game.
Fez for three dollars?  I didn't fall in love with it, but it's one of the most critically-acclaimed indies of the past ten years - you might want to check it out.

Finally, I would absolutely encourage you to grab Olli Olli, At two ninety-nine, you can afford to find out it's not your cup of tea - and if it is your cup of tea, you're gonna' love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment