Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Magical Girls.

"Magic Girls, no matter how frilly their dresses, high their screams, or incompetent their sidekicks, will be treated as the credible and dire threats they are, and I will direct as many if not more resources to their destruction as I would for a more classical Hero."
-The Evil Empress Guide-

So Kayla emails me this picture the other day. 

Puella Magi Madoka Magica Kyouko Sakura Nendoroid (Good Smile)
She browses Nendos, now.  I adore that.

She'd shown me this one before - she's shown me a lot that I've mentally bookmarked for later - and this one, strangely enough, is from the same source as a lot of her favorites - namely, Devil Homura and Ultimate Madoka from an anime called Puella Magi Madoka Magica.

I have no idea what that is, for the record, but it seems to be a well-received Magical Girl show.

DAVID:  And how much is she?

KAYLA:  58.00

DAVID: Preorder or Amazon?

KAYLA: Amazon.ca

DAVID: Well, you could get Butterfly Wing Girl for that much.

Accel World Kuroyukihime Nendoroid (Good Smile)

DAVID: Not that I don’t like her – she’s totes adorbs.  Plus a chain-bo with a blade on one end.

KAYLA: I know…I think I’m just doing some retail therapy…I’d probably be better off going shopping and getting some new pants/capris...

DAVID: Bite the bullet, spend $100 and get the Ultimate Madoka Nendo.

Puella Magi Madoka Magica Ultimate Madoka Nendoroid (Good Smile)

KAYLA: I... may have done that already.

DAVID:
That's my girl.


Today, she checked our nerd store's facebook page... and they got the Batman Nendo in. 

The Dark Knight Rises Batman Nendoroid (Good Smile)

DAVID: Shit.  How much is he? 

KAYLA: It doesn't say... probably the same as usual, $100 after tax. 

In the mean time, I was looking at the Good Smile's scale Ultimate Madoka on Amazon.  The scale version, I know, is Kayla's Grail.  It is her Momohime, her Selvaria, her Amazon.  

Good Smile's Ultimate Madoka scale.

I have stopped myself from buying it for her dozens of times.  I've repeatedly had these little fantasies of getting it for her and somehow hiding it from her until Christmas or her Birthday, and then the night before I stay up late and set her up in the Detolf and go to sleep like nothin's up, and the next morning she walks by it and doesn't see it and then stops.  And turrrns.  And shrieks like a little girl. 

It'd be awesome. So I tell her, 

DAVID: Here's the thing, though... I'd rather you have this (I hold up my phone with Ultimate Madoka on it) than me have the Batman Nendo.  

KAYLA: Oh, I've decided I'm getting her.  As soon as my credit card's paid off.  

I called our store, and had them hold a Batman for me. 

So now this is a thing. 


I'm sure you'll agree, Nendoroid Batman is at his cutest when trying to be his most sullen. 

Then, I found the Ultimate Madoka scale on Mandarake for eighteen thousand Yen.  Used, but... that's like a 30% saving off of what Amazon's trying to sell their new ones for... and there are bootlegs out there... 

What if Kayla saves up and gets that Madoka off Amazon and it turns out to just be a bootleg?

...sigh... I need to buy a dryer... 

...one day, though.  

One day.

Anyway, turns out Puella Magi Madoka Magica is on Netflix, which means Kayla is actually interested in watching an anime with me, which means goodnight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment