Saturday, June 6, 2015

The little things.


The pre-E3 vibrations are palpable, and little snackie-bites of news are dropping every day.  Tales of Berseria was announced for PS4 and PS3 today, which just kinda' makes me want to try Hearts R on my Vita.

...but it's still like forty bucks...

Well, one day.


Dark Souls III got "leaked" - though it may or may not be a hoax - and the Igavania that took the enthusiast press by storm a month ago officially reached its Vita stretch goal overnight.


Bam.  I'm buying Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night.

...course, historically-speaking, the console versions will come day and date with the PC version and the Vita version will come "at a later date."

...and then just never show up.  Le sigh.  But I'm kinda' hyped for it.  Or at least, since the Vita stretch goal was announced I probably checked my phone like six times a day just to watch the numbers steadily creep up on 3.5 mil.

Oh!  You'll be able to play as Margaret in Persona 4: Dancing All Night.



And Teddy.



Remember We Happy Few?  That cool BioShock-esque title from the crew that made (meh) Contrast?

Well, it's up on Kickstarter and already a third of the way to hitting its goal.



Give me a PS4 stretch goal and I'm in.  I really didn't think much of Contrast, but this game's concept is delightful.

Speaking of PS4, the traditional pre-E3-news miniblitz is in full effect, with multiple announcements happening every day.  I Am Bread is coming to Sony's console, along with Talos Principle wannabe Pneuma.  Which is kind of weird, given that Talos Principle is actually coming to PS4.

More interesting to me (for some reason) is news that Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls is going to launch on Vita in North America on September 1, 2015.

I've always wanted to get in to the Danganronpa games - mostly because other gamers don't really shut up about them.  Like, ever.  But they're also visual novels - not exactly my wheelhouse.

Ultra Despair Girls, on the other hand, is a third person action game where you play as two doomed girls (one normal, one demented) in a city overrun with crazed teddy bears.


Komaru fights with a megaphone that shoots "Truth Bullets," which - in addition to killing the bears - can make inanimate objects come alive, for example, or turn a sticky situation into an impromptu dance party.


The other hero is Toko, a... trouble girl who forces herself to switch between her personalities and become Genocide Jack by blasting herself in the face with a stun gun.  Then, her tongue lolls out, she picks up some scissors and goes all melee on the bears.


I don't know about you, but that sounds like a good time to me.



Finally, some... tragic news.

With its latest update, my PC will no longer launch Darkest Dungeon.


At first I thought it was Steam, but no - everything else runs fine.  The latest patch just killed the game's ability to launch, for me.

Sigh.  I hope I don't have to wait until the PlayStation versions to keep playing it.  Frownie face.

Finally, here's why XCOM 2 isn't coming to consoles.

And that's the news!


Oh, and Hannibal season 3 started this week.  Alex.

2 comments: