Sony... had a pretty damn incredible conference. Which is weird, because almost all of it was "coming in 2016," and not many new first-party stuff at all.
Let's break it down!
- The Last Guardian gameplay was actually shown. It still looks like a PS3 game, but it's coming to PS4 in 2016. And it's The Last Fucking Guardian.
- The next thing from Guerrilla (Killzone) is Horizon: Zero Dawn. Looks... actually, it looks awesome.
- A new Hitman was announced from Io Interactive with a CG trailer
- They showed a Street Fighter V trailer, revealing Birdie and Cammy
- A Street Fighter V beta will be on PS4 July 23rd
- They did a real gameplay showing of No Man's Sky, leapt to an unknown world and explored the gameplay a bit
- Dreams is the next create/share thing from Media Molecule. It looks creepy/pretty
- Indie Firewatch is coming to PS4
- The Taken King expansion announced for Destiny
- PlayStation is going to get some exclusive Destiny content (again)
- They showed the female playable character from Assassin's Creed Syndicate
- World of Final Fantasy announced
- Final Fantasy VII Remake is real, and actually happening. Coming first to PlayStation
- Shenmue III announced... for Kickstarter. What the heck?
- Batman: Arkham Knight got a trailer which was actually pretty cool
- They spoke very briefly about Project Morpheus
- You can subscribe to individual channels on their PlayStation Vue service, which is like... a first for anything.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III got a gameplay trailer, and Sony made a deal to get timed exclusivity on multiplayer stuff a'la Xbox a few years back
- Four indies are coming from Devolver Digital - Eitr (YES!), Ronin (yes!), Mother Russia Bleeds and Crossing Souls - for PS4. Not Vita. Very sad
- They showed new Star Wars Battlefront co-op footage
- Uncharted 4 got another very sexy chunk of gameplay
For just... big E3 moments, they won the show. The Last Guardian, Shenmue III or FFVII alone would have rocked the Internet's world - all together, in one show, is pretty goddamned incredible.