Friday, October 30, 2015

Civilization Revolution 2 Plus is coming to Vita on Dec 3rd.


Like XCOM, Civilization Revolution 2 for Vita has been popping up on ratings sites for a while, now - but today 2K made it official with an announcement on the PlayStation blog.  One wonders if the game hasn't been tailored a bit for the (booming) Japanese Vita consumer demographic, because all of Civ Rev 2 Plus's "plus" bits are about historical Japanese characters and technology - new Japanese-centric scenarios, new Japanese leaders like Oda Nobunaga, Heihachiro Togo and Himiko, and they're hyping the Japanese Yamato class battleships.

Now, I have never - in my life - played a Civilization game.  I've heard wonderful things, of course, but never played one for myself.

Do I think Vita is the place to start with the venerable franchise?  You bet your ass I do.

Oh, and speaking of 2K...


...did you know they released a patch for Borderlands 2's Vita version yesterday?  Apparently it takes advantage of the additional memory made available to developers in a recent Vita firmware update, and cheers up the framerate a bit.

2K, I don't know what is going on with you, being all nice to the Vita - but I fucking love it.  While you're being so awesome, how 'bout you get Levine to make that BioShock game he promised all those years ago?  Eh?  Eh?

Also, announce XCOM.  I need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment