Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Far Cry Primal. Hm.

I wasn't prepared to say anything about Far Cry Primal until I saw some footage.  Whelp, here's some footage.



Hm.  Or - to be specific - hmph.

Now look, we can all agree that the bow in Far Cry 3 and 4 is super-awesome and fun, and the games' context-sensitive approach to spectacularly-animated first-person takedowns is, additionally, super-awesome and fun - but how is Primal going to give me the amount of tactical options that 3 and 4 did?

Unless a frickin' wizard from Atlantis shows up with C4, bullpup SMGs, sniper rifles, grenade launchers and a wingsuit, I'm not sure how much room this game has to flesh out the experience.  In my head, I see a flint dagger, a flint-tipped spear and - the very latest in hunting technology - the bow.  Not even a longbow, mind you, 'cause they wouldn't show up for another few thousand years.

I suppose... I suppose you could have like, slings.  Like David-and-Goliath slings.

...and spear throwers, maybe.

I'll keep an eye on it, but I'm not hyped.  Not like I would be for Blood Dragon II.

Oh yeah - and blowdarts.

No comments:

Post a Comment