Friday, November 6, 2015

The Fallout 4 launch trailer.

I wasn't expecting it to be quite so grimdark.



It's still kind of astonishing that Fallout 4 was announced only five months ago, and it'll be in our hands on Tuesday.  As time wore on after launch, I kept on looking forward to media that reflected the media that helped me fall in love with Fallout 3 in its media blitz - explosions of gory super-violence playing atop a fanciful, upbeat soundtrack of energetic, ancient pop ditties.

My single biggest question about Fallout 4 is "what's on the soundtrack?" and that's barely been touched upon.  I want to know what my next Butcher Pete or Johnny Guitar is.

I also kept looking forward to some big, meaty impressions articles from journalists.  I remember being utterly seduced by a writer's description of The Family questline, and all the ways it could be completed.  It painted that world with a lot of character, and was excellent at suggesting the vibe Fallout 3 would end up having - but for 4?  We have no idea, really.

We have no idea what's out there.  Except for all the people who predicted The Institiute would feature in the story.  They were, obviously, right.

I'm pro-synth, for the record.

No comments:

Post a Comment