Friday, January 8, 2016

Odin Sphere Leifthrasir gets a demo, NG+ and boss rush.


A demo for Odin Sphere Leifthrasir dropped on the Japanese PlayStation Network today.  I actually have the patience to wait for my Vita version to show up later this month - and I let my old JP PSN account fall by the wayside years ago - so I can content myself with gorgeous full-HD gameplay footage of it.

It was also announced that Leifthrasir will offer its own variation on New Game Plus.  The option for "Xtra New Game" pops up once you clear the game, and you can replay your chosen character's book with "your parameters and items from the data," albiet on a more challenging difficulty.  There's also a new, harder difficulty level called Hell that you can play right from the start, if you wish, which restricts you to 200 hit points.   Also new to Leifthrasir is a boss rush mode that pits the player against thirty straight rounds of level-fifty boss and miniboss characters, without the benefit of checkpoints or item boxes.

Leifthrasir drops in January 14th in Japan, for PS4, PS3 and Vita, and will come to North America... some day...

No comments:

Post a Comment