Monday, January 18, 2016

Ragnarok is nigh.


Oddly, my copy of the Japanese release of Odin Sphere Leifthrasir from AmiAmi showed up on the same day as my copy from Play-Asia.  The Play-Asia copy, despite being preordered the very first day preorders became available, does not include the (absolutely gorgeous and wonderful) hardcover art book that represents the game's preorder bonus throughout Japan - thus ensuring I will probably never order anything from Play-Asia, ever again.

So now I have two copies of the Japanese release of Leifthrasir.  The game is pretty... obfuscated what with the whole moon language thing, so I think I may attempt to recoup some of my investment and sell the sealed copy to a local independent games retailer which goes by neither GameStop nor EB Games.

Thankfully, both games also showed up in concert with the "Accessory Kit" that came out in Japan, which includes three adorable little materia bottles (for alchemy!), a colossal art print on cloth that kinda' feels like a glasses cleaner, and a very nice faux-leather Vita pouch which actually fits my original-SKU fat Vita.

Terribly pleased.  I accidentally turned on Leifthrasir mode when I started the game - which I wanted to save for its localization, mostly because I kind-of believe that I could actually play the entirety of the game in Japanese, given my intimate familiarity with the original release, if I were playing the original game with its original structure and truncated movelist.

I just opened up the level-up specializations and have no idea what the hell is going on.

BUT it looks amazing, it sounds amazing (just hearing the new version of the opening song through headphones insists that I grab the now-available soundtrack), it plays perfectly, and its framerate never hitches.

Odin Sphere Leifthrasir, bitchezzz!

No comments:

Post a Comment