Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Senran Kagura: Estival Versus drops March 18 in Europe.

And the announcement comes with this... trailer!  Trigger warning: objectified females ahoy.  

Even as one who admittedly had a ton of fun with Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus, accepted its over-the-top "fanservice" (if you'll permit me calling it that - which you could reasonably not permit) and loved its well-realized characters, high-quality presentation and smashy-crashy combat, I still recoil at this trailer's opening.



On the other hand, though, it just wouldn't do to promote Estival Versus without letting people know that, yes, that crap is in there.  If you just showed off its kickass brawling and the ladies being all badass, unsuspecting consumers might purchase it thinking they're just getting a fun brawler.

And they would get a fun brawler.  But they'd also get the most brazenly sexualized and objectified heroes in all of mainstream gaming, and if I didn't go into Senran Kagura knowing that I was about to get speedbagged in the face with a hundred breasts, I think I'd have more than a little buyer's remorse.

But I, personally, will have no buyer's remorse when Estival Versus drops, because it is the devil I know.  Speaking of which, when is the North American release date?  No idea!  XSEED say we'll know soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment