Tuesday, March 22, 2016

XCOM: Enemy Unknown Plus sneaks on to Vita today! (!!!!!)

No announcement, no nothin'.   Just BAM - XCOM is on Vita, motherfucker!  And I'm all


Here's some screens a kind Twitter user posted this morning.


Woke up to the news that XCOM: Enemy Unknown Plus - a Vita port with all the content of modern ultra-classic XCOM: Enemy Unknown and the Enemy Within expansion, but not the multiplayer - dropped on the PlayStation store in Europe this morning.

Now here's the craziest part.  (Publisher) Take Two had never even announced that this port existed.  There was no post on the PlayStation Blog that this was in the works, there is no launch trailer, no pre-release PR whatsoever - and if a tweet has appeared from 2K about it, I haven't seen it.  So naturally I was refreshing Twitter constantly today to see if it would appear on the North American store.

And lo.  It has come to pass.


It's twenty bucks, comes in a 2.2GB (I tossed some old PS1 games off my memory card), and I think Estival Versus is gonna' get pushed to the side in the immediate and forseeable future.

XCOM: Enemy Within, you should know, is one of the greatest games of all time, and perhaps the single most-perfect realization of a tactical RPG ever created.  I am gonna' throw down with this as soon as I can (which likely won't be 'till tomorrow), and I'll let you know how she runs!

I'm so fucking hyped to have this on my Vita! (!!!)


No comments:

Post a Comment