Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Resonance of Fate is $9.99 on PSN right now.


Resonance of Fate is, in my humble opinion, the hands-down best JRPG of the last generation of consoles.  A trio of heroes who aren't classic JRPG stereotypes, an obfuscated over-arching narrative that takes a backseat to what feels more like a season of a stylish action Anime and some of the hands-down funnest, most challenging, most gloriously cool-looking turn-based combat you will ever play


Here's my review from 2010, here's Eurogamer's, and here it is on the PlayStation Network store for ten bucks.  You know what to do.  As for me...

Do I have an extra ten dollars to drop on a digital copy of one of my all-time favorite games?

You bet your ass I do.  Here, have a trailer.  It's in Japanese, but it's a trailer with actual gameplay in HD.



Every time you see a character leaping around, doing backflips and shooting dudes?  That's not a cutscene.  That's not a super move.  That's how it plays.  It's frickin' amazing and excuse me I need to go throw money at PSN.

No comments:

Post a Comment