Personally, I'm horrified by this news. Now that I'm not pickin' up Dead Island Definitive Edition next week, I was quite pleased to have Heist to look forward to on my Vita (as if I didn't already have a huge Vita backlog going on - but Heist is one of my most-anticipated games of the year, so whatever). And now I'm just like awww gotta' wait 'till the week before E3.
But Image & Form seem like a bunch of nice, earnest devs and I actually really like the amount of humor in their post on this matter, so I'm just gonna' repost the whole thing, complete with the GIF they used.
"Howdy, everyone! We’ve got somewhat sad news to share with you today. But fear not, it’s not the end of the world!
SteamWorld Heist has been delayed on PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita for roughly one week. The new target release dates are June 7th for North America and June 8th for Europe and Australia.
The reasons for the delay are related to publishing, localisation and quality assurance. We basically encountered a few scattered problems with the PlayStation versions that we have to fix before releasing the game. If you want more info, feel free to ask me directly in the comment section. The extra week will hopefully give us enough time to fix these issues.
We’re working closely together with the fantastic people over at Sony to get the game out as fast as possible. Thanks for being patient with us!
|There, there… Everything will be alright.|
The silver lining: AKA “reasons why the delay isn’t all that bad”:
- You’ll get an even better version of SteamWorld Heist when it hits PlayStation. Lame excuse, I know, but it’s true!
- You have a few more days to clear your backlog and/or your clutter (I’m looking at you, messy wardrobe!).
- You’ll have another week to pre-order the game for a nice discount if you’re in Europe or Australia.
- You can finally get around to watching Game of Thrones, or another show you’ve been putting off watching for ages.
- You can practice speedrunning SteamWorld Dig. The current world record is 22 minutes and 57 seconds (crazy!). Think you can beat that?"
Aw Image & Form. I can't stay sad at you.