Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Figures! Myehhhh oooh! I mean myehhh...

So yesterday Alex emails me with what he predicts is the next addition to my Detolf - an action figure of Clem from Telltale's The Walking Dead.


To which I respond
"Only if I stumble across it in a geek store and find it reasonably priced - and even then, I'll probably talk myself out of it."
Alex says
"That's right. you're more of a high end guy."
And I say nothing, because for some reason that made me a bit sad.  But no, that's not a great Clem.  That's an ugly Clem.  Apparently there's a blood-splattered version - which would go higher on my list, naturally - but no, that's not a very good figure.

Then today, a wild Flowers appears:


And that's a holy-shit western figure.  So I checked out its site.  $55 for the version with Scott peeking out of her bag, $50 without, pay now (I think), and she comes out in early 2017.

I don't know why, but once presented with the (actually entirely reasonable, for its quality) price and the (less than standard for a high-end Japanese figure) long delay before its release stopped me.

But still.  I was close, man.  I was close.

2 comments:

  1. I don't wanna make ya sad, Chance! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not you! It's me and my figure elitism!

      Delete