This was really strong! I give it a B+.
- Phil Spencer acknowledged the massacre in Orlando, but pronounced "tragedy" as "tradegy."
- The Xbox One Slim is real and coming and $299 with a 2TB HD.
- They're really pushing cross-buy (digitally), cross-save and cross-play across Xbox and PC.
- Gears of War 4 got a gameplay demo.
- Gears' General Raam is coming to Killer Instinct.
- Forza Horizon 3 announced, looks awesome. Coming September 27th.
- ReCore got a gameplay trailer and a launch date - September 13th.
- Final Fantasy XVI will launch on September 30th.
- The following new features are coming to Xbox One: background music, language region independence, Cortana, Xbox Live for console, PC, iOS and Android, "looking for group" and Xbox Live Arena for tournaments.
- Arena partering with FIFA.
- Minecraft cross-play is coming to Xbox Live, iOS, Android and Windows 10.
- Inside (next thing from Limbo devs) drops June 29th.
- There was a sexy indie sizzle reel (Cuphead! Flinthook!)
- We Happy Few got an amazing gameplay demo.
- Gwent (Witcher CCG) coming to Xbox.
- Tekken 7 is coming to Xbox, will have a story mode, early 2017.
- Dead Rising 4 announced, Xbox exclusive, coming holiday 2016.
- Scalebound got some pretty bad co-op boss-fight gameplay.
- Sea of Thieves looks kind of amazing.
- State of Decay 2 announced and I am profoundly jelly. 2017.
- Halo Wars 2 announced, coming Feb 21, 2017, but a Beta is starting today.
- Project Scorpio officially announced, releasing holiday 2017. 6 teraflops confirmed. "Most powerful console ever."
Very few surprises, but a lot of lovely stuff nonetheless - Cuphead still looks glorious, Flinthook had damned well better not be console exclusive, Forza Horizon 3, We Happy Few, Dead Rising 4 and State of Decay all look wonderful.
And then, the Scorpio announcement to top it off. They are really throwing the gauntlet down at Sony and demanding to be matched. Spencer repeatedly emphasized the high end VR the Scorpio can pull off, likely to shit on what the PSVR will be capable of when it's running off a stock PS4.
A very strong showing from Microsoft! Very nice!