There were some glaring omissions from Sony's conference - where's the next game from From Software? What's Sucker Punch working on? And why wasn't there a single bloody indie?
But... this was a pretty spectacular show. It just clipped along, and there was never a point at which I said to myself "man, I wish they'd shut up about X and show us something good" - because (aside from Skylanders, I suppose) they were always showing us something kind of awesome.
Let's break it down.
- God of War announced and demoed for PS4.
- Days Gone announced - open-world biker-themed post-apocalypse with zombies.
- The Last Guardian will launch October 25, 2016.
- Horizon Zero Dawn got another big gameplay demo that hypes me soo much.
- Detroit got a long trailer and is meh. Oh, it's called Detroid Become Human now.
- Resident Evil 7 is coming to PS4, PSVR, Xbox One and PC. A demo is available right now on the PlayStation Store if you're a PS+ subscriber. It's very different from the last... all Resident Evil games.
- PSVR will launch October 13, 2016 for $400.
- Farpoint announced for PSVR.
- Star Wars Battlefront: X-Wing VR Mission announced for PSVR.
- Batman: Arkham VR coming exclusively to PSVR, made by Rocksteady.
- Final Fantasy XV got a trailer, and there will be a PSVR thing where you shoot monsters in first person and teleport around. Looked weird.
- Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare got a pretty darned impressive gameplay demo, but I can't find the footage anywhere!
- Crash Bandicoot is getting remastered for PS4.
- A demo for Lego Star Wars is available right now on PS4.
- Hideo Kojima's PlayStation game is Death Stranding. Stars Norman Reedus!
- Insomniac are making a Spider-Man game for PS4 and it doesn't look bad.
- Days Gone got a big gameplay demo and looks pretty cool.
And that was it!
Not bad. I'd have to give it the best conference award, but they definitely coulda' stretched it by ten minutes and included some bloody indies, at least, even if they didn't want to say the word "Vita."