Monday, July 18, 2016

Hyper Light Drifter's PS4/One launch is imminent.

Wooooo!


Hyper Light Drifter, you are probably aware, is an absolutely sublime open-world top-down action-RPG with some of the craziest and awesomest brawlie-shootie action this side of Devil May Cry - and one of those rare Kickstarted games that is actually as spectacular as you imagined when you saw its initial pitch.  It's a profoundly atmospheric, beautiful, exploratory hardcore combat game with some of the most gorgeous, and gorgeously-animated pixel art you've ever seen.

Well, I have fabulous news, dahling - the PS4 version launches on July 26th!!! (!!!)  Also on Xbox One.

What about the Vita version?  Well, that's still coming "this fall at the earliest," but given that Vlambeer got frickin' Nuclear Throne working on the thing, I'd say we have little to worry about.  Here, enjoy the suitably beautiful, mournful trailer that's also bursting with blindingly fast-paced action for the game's PC/Mac launch this past March.



Dayum, Hyper Light Drifter, you clean up so good.  I played the PC version, for the record, and I am dying to have this on my Vita.  I'll probably grab the PS4 version too, just 'cause... y'know... I'm me.

No comments:

Post a Comment