Thursday, July 28, 2016

I need to see Train to Busan.

I don't know what it is about Korean movies, man.  Specifically South Korean movies.  I don't know if North Korea actually makes entertainment, really - but I do know that I'll sooner check out a movie coming out of South Korea than one from Hong Kong or Japan.  Seriously, have you seen a live-action Japanese movie?  They usually look like they were shot on a camcorder circa 1987.

Anyway, this zombie show Train to Busan apparently was quite a hit in South Korea, breaking film records in the country that gave us exceptional awesomeness like The Host and Park Chan Wook.  And it's comin' Stateside.  I don't know if it'll ever see theatres in my humble Canadian town, but I'm probably just gonna' buy it sight unseen on bluray.  Trailer is promising!



I can dig it.

1 comment:

  1. And The Wailing! It's like a korean stephen king joint.

    ReplyDelete