Saturday, July 9, 2016

Overwatch Clip Show 6: rollin' competitive.



-Source-

Had a pretty awesome night on competitive last night.


Finally pushed past 45 - where I landed in my placement - and that 9-6 represents a climb from 43 to 48, in the wee hours of the morning.  You'll notice I'm never locked in to any one character - always trying to switch out here and there to what makes the most sense for complimenting my team, and cutting into theirs.

Loverly.  Clip show!  Fortunately it's a bit shorter than yesterday's because I fucked up saving the highlights!



0:00 - 0:17 : I was shocked that this didn't end up Play of the Game, but their team had a Bastion, so what're you gonna' do?   The full clip, with my team's voice chat, is later in the vid.  I'll explain it there.



0:17 - 1:02 : The team kept this Hanamura defense locked down, with most of the action confined to the main room for the majority of the game.   You'll notice the shield I throw up on my team mate towards the end doesn't earn me anything in terms of charge (the number beneath my aiming reticle).  But when I throw out my ult and gather them up against the bell, they focus-fire me and bring it up to the sweet, sweet 100 mark.

GG HF.

1:02 - 1:21 : As Zarya, you love it when D,Va throws out her ult.  Thanks for the charge, buddy!  Ooops there goes your Mercy and Soldier.

1:21 - 1:36 : A Zarya can't charge a Bastion and survive.  But she can kill it, buying her team an opening to push that payload - and I really enjoyed watching Bastion fly across the map like that.


1:36 - 1:51 : Sometimes you need to send in Reaper.  This occurs earlier in the match than the Play of the Match that began our show, and taught me a valuable lesson - don't pop your ult until after you've killed the Mercy.  I mean, I killed the Mercy, but too late.  ...too late.

1:51 - 2:08 : Rein just didn't turn that shield fast enough.

2:08 - 2:45 : This is the full clip from the highlight that started the vid.  I feel like it really enhances the understanding of the emotional flavor of the match to include the screetching of my team in these final seconds.

Thus ends one of the craziest games I've ever played.  We rolled these guys on attack, and their attack was absolutely brutal in return.  Repeated overtimes that sent the payload sailing down the lane in the final third, desperately cutting them down like chaff that only rose back up again too soon to meaningfully delay the end.  But then - just when it counts - at that last, crucial moment, a Reaper slips behind the group.  He remembers what happens when you kill that Bastion and the Mercy lives.
So he kills the Bastion to bait Mercy's rez.  Caps off a couple of rounds to get his ult up.  Pops the Death Blossom.

And Play of the Game went to a Bastion as our team basically shares a communal competitive orgasm.

2:45 - 3:06 : This really should have gone earlier in the video - but a successful defense of Nubani's first point is far too rare, in my experience.

Annnd I feel like another comic.


Source.

No comments:

Post a Comment