Friday, August 26, 2016

Make sure to hook up your 2-step authentication on PS4.


On your PS4, go to...

  1. PlayStation Network/Account Management
  2. Account Information
  3. Security
  4. 2-Step Verification
It's easy-peasy.  It'll give you the option to log out of all your PlayStation devices (and you'll be prompted to log back in with the authentication next time you log in on your Vita or whatever).  

I highly, highly suggest doin' this.  For the past month or so, not a day has gone by without a new post on NeoGAF by someone who says their account has been hacked.  Protect yourself!  Protect yourself before it's too laaaate!

3 comments:

  1. I've scoffed at this every day since it's been introduced. I mean, I have Blizzard Authenticator, but... I was just like, why, what bad thing can possibly happen to my PSN account?

    But after reading your post... I don't know. It stirred something inside of me. I'm going to set this up tonight.

    Helps that you don't have to re-authenticate every time you want to go online.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've long been terrified of losing my digital collection - and Sony are notoriously dickish when someone steals your account. Like let's say you've got your credit card hooked up to your account, and you have FIFA (hackers love targeting accounts with FIFA, for some reason), and you wake up to discover $500.00 in charges on your account, and the password changed.

      You call your credit card company, put a stop to the charges, and call Sony to let them know what happens. Sony will now permanently lock you out of your account for reversing those charges.

      Let's say you call Sony first? Sony will make you jump through a thousand hoops, and then make you pay that $500 before you get your account back.

      They're really bastards about it. There but for the grace of God go we.

      Delete
  2. Thanks. Just enabled it. Easy.

    ReplyDelete