Saturday, October 22, 2016

Twenty Sweet Seconds.

Chamberlain has assured me that Level 5 of Thumper becomes unfair, and stupid, and not-fun.

So I beat the Level 4 boss (super-hard!), and move on to Level 5, my hackles raised, my defenses up, as the game introduces a new mechanic.  And I keep on truckin' and havin' a fine time.

I beat the mid-boss, kept on thumping my way through, and after beating Level 5, Stage 19, Stage 20 began and this happened.



I had never seen this track before, never taken these precise turns before, and I ran it perfectly on my first try.  Those are twenty very, very sweet seconds of gameplay.

2 comments:

  1. You didn't find the game punishing you for missing things that, up to the previous level, were just for points, even a little perturbing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found it odd, earlier in the game, that missing holds, turns and flights could damage me but missing the core beats did not. Level 5's mechanic was overdue!

      Delete