Thursday, October 6, 2016

Well this is awkward.



This post exists only to have the above image available for download.  But it's reasonable for you to go "why the heck would he post this?" and now it's reasonable to wonder "why does he need to download this, and on to what?"

Well, that's a story.  And the image is odd enough that I feel compelled to answer those questions you haven't actually asked.


This is Darkest Dungeon.  It's fucking awesome.

Darkest Dungeon launched with a buncha' bugs on PS4 and Vita, but (super)developer Red Hook had its first patch out less than a week after it launched.  They've announced a new patch today that should appear over the weekend, and what does this have to the fashionably distressed maid clutching a man's boxer shorts above?

Well, since the last patch (which appeared just after Kayla had her save wiped by a bug!) the game has been pretty stable - it hasn't crashed once for Kayla!

For me, though, it's a different story.  It might have something to do with me transferring my save to PS4, accidentally getting the Musketeer class (which is just a whiteface reskin of the Arbalest, exclusive to Kickstarter backers on PC, not intended to be available on PS4 that was patched out), and then transferring that save back to Vita where the Musketeer bug didn't exist), but either way... my save was borked.  Or maybe it was just the game?  I don't know.



I did know that every time - and I mean literally every time - I completed a quest in Darkest Dungeon, the game would crash.  I would reload it and I'd have arrived at town with all my gains, safe and sound, but then getting back out of town would be a constant gauntlet against a crash bug that liked to randomly appear.  So I'd like send my peeps for treatments, hire some new peeps, sell some trinkets, outfit some peeps to head into the next dungeon and oop - crash.

Set it all up again.  So I got to the point that I would like, send my folks for treatment - save.  Hire some new peeps - save, and so on.  But today it was so bad I couldn't do a step without a crash.  I checked the bug online and Reddit suggested a database rebuild.

That didn't work, so I deleted the game and re-downloaded it.

That didn't work, so I started up a new save on a separate file.

That worked, so I'm finally enjoying Darkest Dungeon without reliable crashes - which is absolutely sublime.  The downside of this is my carefully-curated Vita library has been shuffled to all get-out, by the database rebuild  Like indies are in with triple-As and Roguelikes are mixed in with linear platformers and it's just a mess.

Most of the backgrounds for my Vita pages were customized off screenshots, concept art, et cetera - here's my Vanillaware page, for example -


cool, right?

Right.

Anyway, I'm slowly rearranging all my pages, and as it turns out at some point I must've deleted the wallpaper I use for my Sexy Japanese Games, and had nothing to put behind Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus, Senran Kagura: Bon Appetit!, Senran Kagura: Estival Versus and Akiba's Trip: Undead & Undressed - which is obviously bad and not good.  So I had to re-cut the image, drop it into this blog, and later tonight I'll find it through my Vita's web browser for download, and then my Sexy Japanese Games page will be precisely where it needs to be!

So yeah - the image at top is cover/promotional art for Akiba's Trip. and this whole post was pretty much pointless for your purposes!

Sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment