Sunday, November 13, 2016

Overwatch Clip Show 26 - Bang Bang.


As promised, today's clip show is all about Reaper an Reinhardt.  Well actually it's all about Reaper with some groovy Rein plays to start things off.  I had originally cut this together with The Peach Kings' Thieves and Kings, but - while it was okay - I didn't like it as much, so I put aside a few hours today and re-cut the whole thing, pulling in some old footage of Reaper games (back when I played with Twerkins), because when I'm trying to show either two shotgun blasts for each "bang bang" or a Death Blossom, I needed to pull from more than one evening's worth of footage.

My Reaper game is really nowhere near as strong as my Tracer game, but you still feel pretty boss when you find yourself behind an enemy Mei, slap her twice with your shotties and watch her go down as your tank sweeps around the corner to finish her off, it feels good!



0:00 - 0:16 : Heheh.  No nanoboosted ult for you, Genji.

0:16 - 0:25 : Immediately after coming out of the spawn on Gibraltar, this Bastion had set himself up in a nice, protected little hidey-hole.  So I sidled up next to the door, swung into the doorway with my shield up, walked right up into his grill and started my charge.

I swear, through the tubes of the internet, I could feel his panick, when he realized he couldn't kill me before my charge landed.

0:25 - 0:36 : Hi again, Bastion! (Same Bastion, same match.)

0:36 - 0:48 : We really need to stop meeting like this, Bastion!  (Same.)  I know you're supposed to counter me, but this Ana on my team is super on point, and I'm not gonna' die as long as she lives.


Rrrreaper action!  This entire clip show is borne of an evening when, after like three clip shows dedicated to her, I decided I needed to play anything that wasn't Tracer.  I played a bit of Ana on a Dorado defense that almost-immediately went to shit, switched to Mercy after the last checkpoint and held them hard, and then I pulled out Reaper on a Lijiang match.  I ended up going 21 eliminations, zero deaths - felt very good about myself - and resolved to make a Reaper clip show.

0:58 - 1:22 : A classic, and the coolest thing I've ever done with Reaper.  Patience is the key to a perfect Death Blossom.

1:25 - 1:43 : I was just trying to back up our Rein, taking out Sym's turrets on this Anubis B push, but when I hear Genji's ult callout behind me, I immediately pop Death Blossom to cut him down before he can do any damage to my team.  We take the point.

1:43 - 1:58 : I wasn't looking for the PotG when I went to cut down this Rein, but a nana boost can open a lot of doors... notice how the one shot on Pharah before our 'Hog hooks and kills her earns me 57% of that elim.  Hahah!

And that's actually... everything in this vid that elicits any sort of comment from me.  Enjoy!




















No comments:

Post a Comment