Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Clip Show 35 - 7th Born Son


Clip Show 35 - 7th Born Son from David Ferber on Vimeo.

My return to Overwatch after the extended break following the Believer clip show is slow going.  I'm still not where I was, but I'm gettin' there.  I'm gettin' to the point where I can one-v-one almost anyone I come across, and roll this into the PotGs and highlights you see here.  The run after the opening clip, when we're on Gibraltar, was an amazing series of takedowns.  We took the point and the match - and I didn't die to that Reaper ult, for the record!

The opening is seriously one of the weakest PotGs I've ever gotten - but how often do you get the PotG on Round One, before the point even unlocks?  Most of the clips in this show are moments where I just felt... un-fucking stoppable.

When I wreck the Hanzo who just used his ult, that was immediately following me tossing my Pulse Bomb into a cluster of three of the reds - at the exact moment his Lucio popped his ult.  It stuck to the Hanzo but he wasn't hurt thanks to Lucio's ult, I swept around behind him as he pops his ult and their Tracer starts spraying me.  And that snap when I blink up behind him on the stairs, finish and blink away towards the point felt so perfect.

The McCree I walk up to at 2:17?  I felt unstoppable.  I had a goddamned Trumpian self-image as I went for him.  Ain't nothin' stoppin' me - ain't nothin' can stop me, not even my direct counter.  ...though Widow's wallhack no doubt helped out lol.

I've also been playing a bunch of other characters, lately.  I've got like three Symmetra PotGs, two Soldiers and the other day we're defending on Dorado and it's just not happening, so they get to the last point and I died and just hung out in the spawn room for like thirty seconds, examining their team comp and trying to figure out what character could just wreck it.  And then,



(Sigh.)  PotGs on literally any other DPS character are so much more impressive than (most) Tracer ones.  Hanzo, Soldier, Pharah, Reaper, Mei, Bastion - they're wreckin' whole teams.  Meanwhile Tracer, Sombra and Widow are lucky to get two picks in the same time span.

Oh welly.

No comments:

Post a Comment