Friday, April 28, 2017

Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. YES!


So.  Earlier today, this was the SEGA / Atlus booth blurb on the official E3 2017 site:
"Atlus U.S.A., Inc. is known for high-quality, deeply immersive, uniquely Japanese and indie video game experiences. SEGA is a worldwide leader in interactive entertainment software products. Don’t miss our booth featuring highly anticipated titles from ATLUS and SEGA, including Yakuza 6, Yakuza Kiwami, Sonic Forces, Sonic Mania, and 13 Sentinels."
Thir

teen

Sentinels.


Remember what that is?


...that



is the next



game from



Vanillaware.

Vanillaware, of Odin Sphere, of Muramasa: The Demon Blade (and Genroku Legends), and of Dragon's Crown.  Vanillaware - a studio I've held up in the top-five best dev houses in the world for most of the last decade.

13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim was announced wayyy back in 2015 as in development for PS4 and Vita - and we've heard nothing of it since.  All we've seen of the game is this suitably lovely announcement trailer:



The listing on SEGA / Atlus's E3 page has since been changed to remove the "13 Sentinels" listing, because we haven't heard of this game for two fucking years, it was never announced for localization.

But it wouldn't be at E3 if it wasn't coming West.  What're the odds of it being localized for (my beloved) Vita?  Slim.  Very slim.  And the thought makes me sad - but even if I don't get it on my favoritest handheld, at least I'll have it on my PS4.  To me, this is up there with Sucker Punch announcing their next thing, with Klei making a new PS4 game, with Naughty Dog's latest.

I have no idea what 13 Sentinels is about, Vanillaware have never even suggested its genre.  Don't care.  Vanillaware in English.

Day zero.  Special Edition.  Soundtrack.  Shut up and take my money.


No comments:

Post a Comment