This was actually one of Ubisoft's best pressers in recent memory, and while it still had their trademark super-awkward fall-flat-on-your-face humor, it had more cool game reveals than the company's ever had, along with some very nice Far Cry 5 gameplay.
So let's break it down.
- Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle is a fucking tactics game that looks kind of awesome. (Switch only.)
- Assassin's Creed Origins got one of those pretty slow-mo-cool-song trailers.
- The Crew 2 was announced, and it includes boat and plane racing.
- There will be yet another Just Dance game this year.
- Steep is getting some DLC.
- Transference is a horror-y VR game starring Elijah Wood?!
- South Park: The Fractured But Whole got a new funny trailer and is still coming this year yayyy!
- A South Park game for smartphones is happening and I have no idea what you do in it.
- Ubisoft Singapore - the studio that created the naval systems for ACIII - is making an open-world pirates game called Skull & Bones and I am hyped. WORTH WATCHING
- Ubisoft are gettin' in on the toys-to-life genre with Starlink. Evil bastards.
- Far Cry 5 got a nice gameplay trailer. WORTH WATCHING
- Beyond Good & Evil 2 was officially unveiled. Tons of character, crazy world, entertaining dialogue and a pair of moving green eyes. WOOO HOOO!
And that's the show! Not bad, Ubi, not bad. Skull & Bones, Far Cry 5, Beyond Good & Evil 2 and South Park are all likely day-ones from me, so yeah.
Not bad at all.