Here's the patch notes and here's the deets!
New Escort Map: Junkertown
Junkertown is located in the harsh and unforgiving Australian Outback. Constructed from the remains of a destroyed omnium, it's now the home to a band of lawless scavengers known as the Junkers, led by their cutthroat Queen. When they aren’t pillaging the omnium's skeleton for anything of value, the Junkers blow off steam in the Scrapyard—a massive gladiatorial arena whose combatants fight for glory, riches... and to survive.
User Interface Updates
The skull icons that indicate where teammates were killed throughout the map have been replaced with hero portrait icons
Micro Missiles (New Ability)CHANCE SAYS: I wonder if the nerf to DM isn't a bit much, but if you've seen videos of D.Va's killing potential from the PTR... she's a lot more dangerous than she used to be. I'm really going to have to get used to dodging these new missiles of hers - and my brother's gonna' need to get used to being simultaneously less survivable and far more scary. Or he'll just quit the game - he's thrown that idea around a lot, too.
- D.Va fires a barrage of small rockets that detonate on impact, dealing damage in a limited radius around each explosion. These can be fired while D.Va is using any other ability or firing her Fusion Cannons
- Defense Matrix's resource meter will now deplete twice as quickly
- Energy regeneration per second has been increased to 12.5% (formerly 10%)
Developer Comments: D.Va’s Defense Matrix uptime has proven to be too strong, but simply reducing it without making other changes would make her too weak (and far less interesting to play). Instead, we’re adding a new ability and giving her the ability to fire while flying. These changes give D.Va new options while maintaining Defense Matrix’s ability to shut down big enemy attacks.
- Fusion Cannons can now be fired while flying
Resurrect (Formerly Mercy's Ultimate ability)
- Ability now targets a single player, instead of every player within a radius
- Radius reduced to 5 meters
- Ability cooldown is 30 seconds
- Mercy is no longer granted invulnerability while Resurrect is active
Valkyrie (New Ultimate Ability)CHANCE SAYS: I can dig it. First of all, note that the Caduceus Blaster during Valkyrie has been slightly buffed from its previous iteration. I wish it was a faster fire rate or increased damage per shot, but I'll take it. I wonder if the range on rez isn't a bit low - but I'll have to wait to find out.
Developer Comments: While resurrecting downed allies is a core part of Mercy’s gameplay, the way her Ultimate functioned was causing a number of problems. It was frustrating to play against, and it incentivized Mercy players to hide away from important battles, instead of taking part in them. This version turns Resurrect into a single target ability. It’s still an important part of Mercy’s kit, but plays much better for both Mercy players and her enemies. Valkyrie, her new Ultimate, gives her the opportunity for big game-making plays and opens a number of new options for her.
- Valkyrie unleashes the full power of Mercy’s Valkyrie suit, enhancing her weapons and abilities for 20 seconds
- Caduceus Staff: Mercy's healing and damage boosts beams now affect all allies near the targeted teammate, and the staff's effective range has been extended
- Caduceus Blaster: Now has infinite ammo and increased projectile speed
- Guardian Angel: Increased range and movement speed
- Resurrect: Cooldown is instantly reset when Valkyrie is activated and reduced to 10s after the initial cast
- Hover: Mercy gains the ability to fly freely, at increased movement speed
- Regeneration (Passive): No longer interrupted when Mercy takes damage
Terribly hyped to, for the record.
- Holding primary fire while your shield is active now allows you to rotate the camera
Developer Comments: This change gives Reinhardt more situational awareness while using his shield, allowing him to keep an eye on the battlefield while still protecting his team.CHANCE SAYS: This actually lets Rein be holding his shield in one direction before he instantly Earthshatters, for example, behind him, or to the side or whatever - potentially catching targets very off-guard. Interesting.
A new “Movement Relative to Camera During Barrier Free Look” option can be found under Settings > Controls. Simply select “Reinhardt” from the dropdown menu. This allows players to change the way Reinhardt moves when Barrier Shield is active and players are controlling the third-person camera movement
Annnd I have to go make dinner. G'night everybody!