Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Ratchet & Clank : Into the Nexus announced.


It's... actually far better news than I could've hoped for.  A return to classic Ratchet & Clank form, Into the Nexus is a direct "epilogue" to the Ratchet & Clank Future series, which we haven't enjoyed since 2009.  It features upgradeable weapons, "planet-hopping," and a length that Insomniac assure us will end up "dwarfing the size of both Quest For Booty and Full Frontal Assault" - but no, it won't be near as big as A Crack in Time.

...I didn't like Quest for Booty much.  I mean, I own it, sure.

And sure, I imported a disc-based copy from the UK because it never got a disc release in North America but...

Oh, who am I kidding?  I'm really happy about this.  Have a trailer!



You haven't had hope from me in a long time, Insomniac.  Don't blow it.

Coming to PS3 this Holiday season.

4 comments:

  1. Excellent news, but why only PS3?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Giving the last titles to the game platform before it'll dies, of course.

      Delete
    2. I dunno, the PS2 was still getting awesome games when the PS3 was out (God of War II, Persona 4). Sony's pretty good at tapering off, as opposed to the wall of nothing oXbox owners got when the 360 launched.

      Delete
  2. The dev said "We have a ton of Ratchet fans on PS3 who loved the Future saga, it seemed right to bring the Epilogue to them on that platform! :-)"

    Translation : it's got the install base.

    ReplyDelete