Saturday, August 10, 2013

Cory Barlog returns to Sony Santa Monica.


This is big.  Or could be big.  Will be big, unless they've got Barlog workin' on their next indie incubation (Journey, Unfinished Swan)-style game - which doesn't seem to be the case.
"What am I working on, you ask? Good question. Sadly, I cannot tell you…yet. But I can say that it is freaking huge, and it will live up to the standards that I helped establish here at SMS. We’re putting together a team as I type this, an Ocean’s 11 kind of thing. We are searching the world high and low for the best of the BEST to come and be on the ground floor of this endeavor. So, hey, if you are a freaking rock star unafraid to roll your sleeves up and take risks, reading this thinking that your current digs are feeling…well…a bit small, a bit dull and in need of some excitement – you need to contact me at Sony Santa Monica."
-The PlayStation Blog-
"The standards that I helped establish here"..?  Well, he established great narrative presentation and way-over-the-top boss encounters in God of War II, which - let's be honest - is probably the all-around best God of War game.  Since GoWII, Barlog quietly worked behind the scenes, usually handling the writing duties on games, and recently he directed the cutscenes in Tomb Raider.

Having him back at Santa Monica could mean great things.

No comments:

Post a Comment