Sony weren't kidding when they assured us they'd have a lot to say at Gamescom. They did. It was awesome. Tons of indies, a release date for the PS4 and a price drop for the Vita (and its memory cards). It's all good stuff.
Here's what you need to know.
The PS4 will launch on November 15th in North America and November 29th in Europe.
The PlayStation Vita is, effective immediately, $199. Price drops on the memory cards should happen soon. And the rest...
- An absolute crapload of new indies were announced for PS4 and Vita, not the least of which are Velocity 2x, Rogue Legacy, Starbound, Fez and Hotline Miami 2.
- Borderlands 2 is getting a Vita port. (Seriously.)
- This new Vita game called Murasaki Baby was announced, and it looks amazing - watch this trailer.
- The Deadlight crew have a new thing coming to PS4 called Rime. It looks kinda' like ICO with Wind Waker-style graphics.
- Ratchet & Clank : Into the Nexus gameplay looks exactly how you want it to.
- Here's the entire Sony Gamescom press conference, if you like.
- Tearaway got yet another charming trailer.
- Knack's trailers still don't quite do the job.
- Killzone Mercenary got a slick new trailer, and the beta is open for PS+ players!
- Resogun is the next thing from Super Stardust HD developer Housemarque, PS4 & Vita-bound.
- The PS4 is getting the next thing from the Dear Esther crew. Indie fever indeed!
- Helldivers is coming to all three Sony platforms, and looks slick.
- Minecraft is coming to all Sony platforms (yes, Vita too), and still looks like Minecraft.
- The PS4 UI is much better than I'd feared.
- inFamous: Second Son got a new trailer, which I'm just gonna' post here because it's inFamous and inFamous is totally awesome.
- This Batman: Arkham Origins trailer continues to make Arkham Origins look pretty good,
- this Battlefield 4 multiplayer trailer looks even better, but
- this Titanfall gameplay trailer manages to make them both look a bit boring.
Finally, today's a pretty great day on the PlayStation Store as well. If you want you can snag Star Trek Into Darkness before it appears on bluray, but let's talk gaming.
- The Walking Dead for PS Vita is only $19.99
- Divekick is $9.99
- the Killzone Mercenary beta is available for PS+ members
- Muramasa Rebirth is on sale for $27.99, or $20.99 with PS+
Muramasa Rebirth, I should mention, is absolutely wonderful and easily worth $50, nevermind the paltry sum they're currently asking for it. If you have a Vita and lack Muramasa, you must remedy this. Now. Moving on...
- Metal Gear Solid HD Collection is $20.99 or $24.69 with PS+
- New Little King's Story is $13.99 or $9.79 with PS+
- Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 for Vita is $20, or $10 with PS+
- Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon (totally awesome) is $10.49 or $7.43 with PS+
- Guacamelee (totally awesome) is $10.49 or $7.34 with PS+
- Nun Attack (pretty damned cool!) is $2.09 or $1.46 with PS+. It was already a steal at $3.
...and that... that should do it.