Monday, September 30, 2013

A super-interesting comic about Ayn Rand.

-act-i-vate-

I read Atlus Shrugged over the summer of 2008, entirely because I'd heard it would enrich the experience I'd get from BioShock when it dropped on the PS3 later that year.  I still feel it should have been called The Industrial Adventures of Dagny Taggart - and that it's not a particularly good novel - but it is, at least, interesting.

Also interesting is this deeply-researched biographical comic series on Atlas Shrugged author Ayn Rand, which paints in stark relief the origins of her objectivist philosophy and the hypocrisy of the social circle she towered over in later years.  Very cool.

2 comments:

  1. That was awesome. I'd to think her courtroom play twist was why bioshock had two endings.

    You should look into the biographies on Dickens too. Like Rand, his life was infinitely more interesting than much of what he wrote. The dude invented modern publishing out of whole cloth, it's crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dunno, I think tying the courtroom twist to BioShock's two shitty endings is giving Irrational a bit too much credit.

    ReplyDelete