Sunday, September 15, 2013

Early night.


I gotta' go to bed early tonight, so I intend to recline and play some Killzone Mercenary or Dragon's Crown 'till my eyelids grow heavy.  In the mean time, I discovered the next thing from (Adventure Time's) Pendleton Ward last night, and you should totally check out Bravest Warriors, a YouTube-only series of five-minute shorts. Here's the first episode, and it's got Ward's fingerprints all up in its business.



Absolute abject zaniness and untethered creativity? Check.  Hilarious?  Check.  A cool arc that seems to be slowly building over the course of the season?  Check.

It's part of a YouTube channel called Cartoon Hangover, and was enough of a success for an additional five little Bravest Warriors even-shorter shorts, each focusing on a different character of the series - by far the best of which is the one which focuses on Catbug, an adorable and rarely-seen character voiced by a child who deserves an Emmy.



Cartoon Hangover has a few other shows, but the only other one that's really worth watching is this ten-minute one-off called Bee and Puppycat.  It's just as batshit crazy as Adventure Time, but with a very different vibe to the whole thing.



Just the other day I told Kayla I haven't allowed myself to get lost in YouTube in what feels like a year, but even I felt compelled to check out a video called Kung-Fu Cooking Girls.

It's slightly not safe for work (there's gainaxing and an areola slip) to the point that you can't see the uncut version on YouTube.  Check it out here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment