Thursday, November 28, 2013

A short Game Diary - Knack.

Ys : Memories of Celceta is out.



I'm dying to try it because it's the type of game that's right up my alley, but I'm drowning in kid-friendly fare, at the moment.  Tearaway is currently in my Vita, and it's everything they say - it's adorable, charming, entertaining.  It has not, yet, worn out its welcome, and I intend to get it finished and reviewed before I move on to something else.


Knack, meanwhile, remains in my PS4.  I play it when I get home and before I go to work, and it just does not appear capable of ending.  I'm becoming convinced that Knack will just keep going for the remainder of my natural life, like Naruto, making incremental advancements to the plot only after two or three hours of attention have been paid to it.

What's weird is, Stockholm syndrome has appeared to set in.  I've spent what feels like 20 hours with Knack, and I'm starting to dislike it less.  I'm starting to take a bit of pride in perfectly evading and obliterating a team of killer robots or goblins, and I'm starting to really appreciate the way it will go into slow motion for the strike that finishes off the final enemy in a cleared section.

It's... meaningful, when Knack extends his weird composite arm to smash a leaping enemy out of the air, and that enemy's armor shatters from it in slow-motion.

But, again, Stockholm.  I actively disliked Knack after three hours.  After twenty hours with anything, you find you start identifying with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment