And by that I mean it kinda' feels like they read my review of Hitman Absolution and decided to build their next game around the feedback that I, personally, offered. This is obviously what has happened - there's no other explanation for it. Today on the official Hitman site, Io shared this open letter to its fans, detailing where the franchise is going (hint : it's going to next-gen consoles and PC).
- No longer confined to America, 47 spends the next game "globetrotting"
- the largest levels they've ever built (and considering the Japan levels in 2, that's a tall order)
- "open, non-linear," "checkpoint-free, sandbox levels."
- we still get contracts mode.
- "we have removed 47's magic pockets. We believe that's all we need to say about that subject."
This is literally everything I wanted. Yuss!