Evolution Studios threw up a list of 51 Driveclub facts at the PlayStation Blog today, and some of it (most of it) is just crazy. Here are some of the awesomest:
11. Each location has a draw distance of up to 200km to the horizon and even simulates the curvature of the earth in both skies and terrain. Distant landscapes are built out and fully modelled, instead of “painted on,” to ensure that they support the dynamic, volumetric nature of the skies and lighting.
17. The Indian track Chungara Lake boasts a 19,000-strong flock of pink flamingos, all behaving independently of each other.
27. The cars have realistic layered paint materials — base metal or carbon layer, primer coat, base color coat, two metallic paint coats, clear top coat, etc. — which can all be stripped away individually as part of the damage system.
40. When you race, the engine sounds are different based on which of the six camera views you choose — inside or outside of the car. You’re not hearing the same engine audio with a filter — it’s all recorded separately.
41. The recordings were so accurate that BMW and Mercedes-Benz AMG requested copies to replace their existing library.
51. Despite all of the above, once selected a track will take no more than 15 seconds to load.Holy crap. I don't even like racing games and I wanna' check this out.