Tuesday, July 1, 2014

On my Vita.

Alternate title: OMG Vita has no gaemz!


Last night I (finally) got the Sly collection on my Vita.  Lately, the bottom two screens have been a hodgepodge of whatever I've picked up most-recently, with some themed groups towards the top.  I decided that's been enough of that, and a good spring cleaning was in order.


The other day it occurred to me that, while it might be more efficient in terms of screen space, Dragon's Crown really did deserve its own page, all to itself.  Perhaps, if Odin Sphere ever lands on Vita, I'll simply have a Vanillaware screen.

If stranded on a desert island with nothing but a Vita, an electrical plug and one game, this would be the game.

At first I went right in to other triple-A titles, but between you and I, when I want to bust some moves right quick, I turn on Olli Olli or Hotline Miami - and lo, the Best Indies Screen was born.


Then it's on to the very best of the triple-As...


...and more best-triple-As...


Some JRPGs... I'd originally gone with the Chie background from P4G, but decided if I had a choice in the matter (and I do), I'd use my single favorite screenshot of any JRPG ever.


Metal Gear Solid gets its own page,


Sly gets his own page,


and Kratos gets his own page.  I'm quite pleased I was able to find the old concept art below - that took some diggin'.


Finally, the indies & retro games locker.




Note: The SEGA Genesis Collection contains Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle, Altered Beast, Bonanza Bros., Columns, Comix Zone, Decap Attack, Ecco the Dolphin, Ecco: The Tides of Time, Ecco Jr., Flicky, Gain Ground, Golden Axe, Golden Axe II, Golden Axe III, Kid Chameleon, Phantasy Star II, Phantasy Star III: Generations of Doom, Phantasy Star IV: The End of the Millennium, Ristar, Shadow Dancer: The Secret of Shinobi, Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja Master, Sonic The Hedgehog, Sonic The Hedgehog 2, Super Thunder Blade, Sword of Vermilion, Vectorman, Vectorman 2, Virtua Fighter 2, Astro Blaster, Congo Bongo, Eliminator, Space Fury and Super Zaxxon

So that's 53 games, not counting everything in the Genesis collection.  Counting everything in the Genesis collection, that's 85.

...and, come to think of it, that's not counting everything I've nabbed on my Vita and deleted over the years.  I could have Unit 13 on here, but don't, could have FFX HD, but don't, could have FFVII, Rayman Legends... the list gets very long.

And yet I want more.

Oh, and so far, the Sly collection runs gorgeous on the Vita.  A good port, that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment