Saturday, September 20, 2014

This weekend's PSN flash sale is all about the racers.


I love the PSN flash sales.  I rarely take advantage of them - such is the curse of one who tends to just go buy the games they want, at release - but it's always lovely to feel like we're enjoying an experience that's kinda-sorta-not-really-but-almost like those Steam users get with their ninety-nine-cents-for-ten-2K-games deals.

There are a ton of racing games in the sale (only one for PS4 - Cel Damage), and - more interesting to yours truly - a half-dozen on Vita.  I have, I'll be honest, always had my eye on Need For Speed: Most Wanted for Vita - but it was always thirty or forty bucks, and I'm not a huge racing game guy.

When genre-specific sales like this hit, I tend to pick a platform (Vita), take all the names they've listed and fire them in to Metacritic's search bar to see if there's any I should really be aware of (any game developer reading this just fainted).  So let's give it a shot!

Asphalt: Injection - Metascore: 49 - $4.99

MotoGP 13 - about 78 with 2 reviews - $7.49

MUD – FIM Motocross World Championship - Metascore: 60 - $7.49

Need For Speed: Most Wanted (!) - Metascore: 79 - $4.99

Ridge Racer - Metascore: 44 - $5.99

Sonic All-Stars Racing Transformed - Metascore: 75 -  $9.99

MotoGP is kind of a sim-y motorcycle game, and its console reviews are a lot lower.  Pass.

Sonic All-Stars Racing Transformed is a kart racer - that'd be cool!  But don't I already have that with PlayStation Plus? (Checks.)  Yes I do.

Welcome to my Vita, Need For Speed.  I've been waiting for you. ...as if I don't already have enough to play on there...

No comments:

Post a Comment