Tuesday, November 4, 2014

17-Bit signs with GungHo Online.


So.  17-Bit, the crew who made Skulls of the Shogun and are currently making my #1 most-anticipated game Galak-Z have signed with GungHo Online Entertainment America, which I suspect is simply the North American arm of Japanese publisher GungHo.  GungHo Online Entertainment (Japan) concerns itself, mostly, with MMOs,  Their American site suggests a predominately mobile publisher, but they've had a few PS3 and Vita games as well (Dokuro, Ragnarok Odyssey) - the publisher seems to be far more active in the Japanese market.

Why would 17-Bit sign with them, I wonder?  I've seen nothing but glowing praise from the media when it comes to Galak-Z, and Sony encourages developers to self-publish on its platforms (Galak-Z has been announced for PS4, Vita and PC).

I hope GungHo doesn't end up crushing this beautiful little dev.

No comments:

Post a Comment