Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Game Diary.

I started up a game with the Reign of Giants switch turned on on my Vita, but I suspect we'll talk about that later.  Assassin's Creed Unity came out yesterday, and I have played it. 


It's kinda' meh.  It's okay.  Its quality is somewhere between II and III.  That is to say, it has none of the meaningful advancements of III or IV - namely, the naval combat - but isn't as fun as II or IV.  It's often incredibly good-looking (when it's not trying to render hair), but it feels very, very same-old-same-old.  It doesn't feel meaningfully new-gen at all.

I'll keep plugging away at it, but I doubt I'll get it done before FC4 drops.  If Ubisoft disappoints me again with Far Cry, I think I might have to abandon them.  They often do awesome stuff, but you can't reliably trust their sequels.

In other news, I didn't preorder Dragon Age: Inquisition.


Dragon's Age: Inquisition has been getting some incredible reviews.  And it's like... aw.

Oh well.  I've got too many games to play, anyway.  Still haven't finished Evil Within, still playing Don't Starve and I've got two open-world games coming in six days.

Maybe I'll pick up Inquisition at a Boxing Day sale or somethin'.  BioWare at the top of their game is a powerful thing.

1 comment:

  1. I preordered that sucker off greeman gaming, made my debit card think it was hijacked, begged my bank to turn it back on... and now my body is ready.

    ReplyDelete