Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Where the heck is Mercenary Kings on Vita?


Like me, you've no doubt been wondering where the heck Mercenary Kings' Vita version disappeared to.  I enjoyed the game on PS4, but knew where I really needed to find it was on my Vita, so I set it aside, folded my hands and patiently waited for its handheld release.

Months passed.  I followed the developers, Tribute Games, on Twitter in the hopes of hearing some news - and bugging them occasionally about its absence from my Vita - and today, finally, they talked about it in their podcast.  Towards the end, they begin answering community questions, and here's what they have to say about the game's Vita version:

"We get that pretty much daily.  I think we're kinda' stuck on a technical side, and hopefully we'll figure out a way to get around our issues in the coming month and we'll be able to announce something probably early next year or something.  I don't think it would be announced or come this year.  Probably some time in the next year.

Running C# (C sharp) code on Vita is just a big pain in the butt.  We're going to have a solution."
Elsewhere, I'm enjoying the crap out of Far Cry 4 - it's wonderful in all the ways 3 was wonderful, with a few pleasant features added.  Going back to 3, now, would (sort of) be like going back and playing Metal Gear Solid after playing 2 - you'd seriously miss all the nice little mechanics they've added, here.

Plus, it's in Tibet, and I've always had a soft spot for the whole Buddhism thing.

In other news,


Adventure Time: Secret of the Nameless Kingdom doesn't suck, so far.  I played the first ten minutes last night, and another half-hour today on my lunch break, and it does - thus far - scratch that Zelda itch.  It's really not bad!

And now, more Far Cry.

No comments:

Post a Comment